Week 3: Discussion

 

Knapp's Relational Model


There are several types of relationships that I am engaged in my daily life, but the relationship that I would like to share about is the one with my sister. I have an elder sister who is three years older than me and I believe we are in the "Bonding" stage of relational development as far as Knapp's Relational Model is concerned. The relationship is formally established since birth and the society is aware about the bond that we share. She is in Canada at present and I think that the use of online communication has influenced my relation with her a lot. I am regularly in touch with her through the use of online communication methods such as Instagram and WhatsApp. We video call each other on daily basis and also share interesting videos or reels through social media sites. Without online communication, it would've been very difficult for me to stay in touch with her and share instant feelings and expressions with each other. Now, if we need something, we are feeling certain way, we can use the online mode of communication and express our emotions at an ease. 


Some of the memes we share on regular basis actually brought us closer than ever before as we can tease each other through them. 

 

 

More information about Knapp's Relationship Model can be found by watching this video:


 
 
 
💭💭💭💭💭

Comments